Sunday, April 27, 2014

One Month Away!

We're at the one month countdown until we meet this sweet baby!!!

Ok, I guess I should clarify that I mean I'm one month away from my due date... it will probably be June, folks, if history repeats itself!

But either way that makes me so excited! ...and nervous ...and hopeful ...and ...hungry (everything makes me hungry these days... sigh...)

So, I happen to have a very talented photographer right down the hall from me. She is continuing to build her already stellar portfolio and she asked if she could take a few maternity shots of me.

I kindly told her no.

I'm sure I was feeling particularly large and insecure when she asked, and normally I'm happy to go along with these things, but I just had horrible visions of seeing my perceived self on film and thought I'd better pass.

Thankfully, Lydia convinced me that it wouldn't take long and I might even like a shot or two! The woman is convincing, and I now believe she also is a miracle worker :)

These are my two favorite shots:



Oh, and she doesn't even own photoshop! The woman knows her lighting!

I am now really thankful for these little snapshots in time. As uncomfortable as this last month can be, what a humbling gift it is to carry new life within you.

I can't wait to see what Lydia does with baby girl's newborn pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Kim, you look radiant!! Thank you so much for sharing the pictures of YOU!! Can you really be just a month away from delivery? Blessings in Jesus, Rob

    ReplyDelete