Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Getting Close!

I'm one week away from my due date today, which is so exciting, though I'm trying to keep my expectations low! I'm not expecting any fireworks until I'm overdue, and we're slowly plugging away at the little last minute preparations.

I know my youngest is only 3.5, but I'd already forgotten about all the bells and whistles that come with babies! These little people demand a lot of space in our homes and cars - every room bears signs of a new baby on the way. Though many of our "essential" baby things haven't made their way across the Atlantic yet, God has provided abundantly - He always does.

I heard the sentiment on Sunday that, when church planting, you give your best people and best resources towards the new work trusting God will fill the gaps left in your own church family with new life. It's the idea that giving new life brings new life.

This idea has helped me the past few days as I anticipate the wildness and exhaustion that accompanies bringing a precious new life home. This new life will require a lot of giving from the rest of our family, but there's the wealth of new life and mercies and goodness she'll bring with her. Babies are like little vessels of grace and sanctification, aren't they?

Can't wait to meet the little sweetie :)

The take-home dress :)
Until then, we've been trying to keep busy. We still frequent the park near our house thanks to the lovely weather we've been having.


The latest excitement has been dragging out the most enormous sticks the girls can find...


Now, that's what I call teamwork :) We really do love this park.


I also have felt this strange urgency to make sure Ellie and Meg are up-to-date in everything, hence the vaccinations, the upcoming dentist appointments, and the impulsive at-home haircuts...


We were watching The Wizard of Oz, and I guess I didn't realize Meg was a little afraid during this part! I was concentrating on those lovely curly locks.

I think the Munchkins were more well received:


Ahhh, the motivation that the upcoming arrival of a new baby brings! 

But before you think too highly of me... I still haven't packed a hospital bag yet...  =)

1 comment:

  1. Such precious girls...such precious times. Folks here are praying. Can't wait to see pictures of number 3!! Rob

    ReplyDelete