Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Unca

My family is gathered today in Florida today to celebrate the life of a very special man, my Uncle James. There is so much to be said for the outstanding and influential life he led. To be sure, he was a great and gifted man.

But for me, even more than his community accolades, I knew him as the loving and generous uncle who made the best banana splits. The one who opened his heart and home to us and took a vested interest in each of our lives. The man who loved my aunt fiercely and joined her in spoiling us absolutely rotten when we came for visits.


He was a hard worker and he gave well. I have so many memories tied up with this caring, thoughtful, true gift of an uncle (or "Unca" as we called him) and I so wish I could have been there today to join in the crowds thanking God for him and celebrating his life.

 

I'm so thankful for those I know are praying for our family as we say good-bye.

1 comment:

  1. Kim, a wonderful tribute to your "Unca." I wish you could have been there as well. Rob

    ReplyDelete