Friday, January 23, 2015

Meg

Our Meg.

Meggie Moo.

Mega Wreck.

These cold winter days I'm finding it difficult to "run" the girl as much as she needs. She's a bundle of sweet little girl energy, and she loves to go and see and do. Unfortunately, she usually runs headlong into whatever she fancies doing, and she has a darkened front tooth to prove it :)


She's home with me and it's been really sweet having her to myself. I thought she would be pretty devastated to have lost her best friend to school, but she didn't seem bothered at all... at first.

Playdough fun with Big Sis

I think she liked having me and all her toys and her little sister all to herself.


But these pleasures were fleeting, and I soon found that I was requested much more frequently to play barbies and babies. This is what this precious girl looks like most days: princess dress and as many babies as she can carry or push (or both in this case!). 

She's passionate about babies :)
We have so enjoyed BSF again this year. Meg is usually one of the oldest in the class, and her teachers tell me she loves to help them and the little ones. I can even tell a difference at how much she remembers from the story from this year compared to last. It's sweet to see her little mind expanding.

This girl is an underground pro.
Having lunch after BSF on a warmer day :)
This little one also turned 4 years old this fall. I just can't believe what a difference a year makes!

She requested "pan-a-cakes" for breakfast
We took her to the London Aquarium for her birthday, and I think it was a hit with all of us.


Her favorite thing was seeing the penguins at the very end.


The fun thing about having a 4 year old buddy with you all the time is that you get to take her to coffee... a lot! There's often a little stretch of time in our days when you're out but don't have time to go home before your next thing, and these make great coffee moments. Robert says he's jealous of our coffee dates... I said he should be.

After the school run but before the library was open
It helps that I think Meg may have the most like-me taste-buds in the family.

Taco Salad for lunch
She's also been doing really well with her letters lately. Whenever we have a "letter day" she's glad to review the letter with me and practice writing it - this is a big change from even 6 months ago when I often heard "I want to learn it, Mummy, just not from YOU!" {sigh}


Yesterday, after picking up Ellie from school, we braved the hovering-around-freezing-temps and went to the park. We didn't last long, but it made me look forward to the days when I can be outdoors with my Meg and she can run all that beautiful spunk around.

Admiring our grey heron friend before the cold set in
What a gift she is to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment