Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Great Friends, Great memories

Sunday night, Kim and I got to spend the evening with 4 of the coolest people we know -Benji Dean, Hannah Dean, Casey McGriff Watters, and Daniel Watters. They have become some of our dearest friends because we spent 4 years (2006-2010) doing K-Life ministry with them in Dothan.


1 Thessalonians 2:8 is the K-Life verse – “We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God, but our lives as well because you had become so dear to us.”

These 4 people came to K-Life and poured out their lives into the students. Benji, Hannah, and Casey were 3 of our first volunteer helpers. I’ll never forget meeting them for the first time in 2006 at a college Bible study when they said they wanted to help. Little did I know that God would build the ministry of Dothan K-Life through their love, time, talents, creativity, witness, and laughter!


Some of my fondest memories of K-Life were our leader "meetings" where all we did was laugh while doing stupid things to mess with each other – or basically what we did this past Sunday night, which included dressing up in random clothes, throwing ping pong balls and banana peals into a ceiling fan, and telling awkward stories. All this was intermixed with catching up and recalling the ways God was working in our lives.


God has used them to impact many people in Dothan, my wife and me included. I am so thankful God blessed us with such good friends and ministry partners.

-------------------

Here are just a few more pictures from our K-Life years with them -
Oh the memories!

Christmas K-Life (after my time)
"I am a K-Life Student" skit - yes, Brad Kite as a Bird Watcher
Summer K-Life on the porch of the BEAUTIFUL Maddox farm 
"Vending Machines" skit w/ 4 of the greatest dudes I know
Kim, Casey, and Hannah w/ some of our freshman girls at the time (now in college!)
A.L.S. White and Peanut (I still quote Peanut weekly)
"Welcome to K-Life"












1 comment:

  1. My favorite quote from Benji - "It's never too late to have a second childhood"

    ReplyDelete