Tuesday, June 11, 2013

This time last year...

2012 was a crazy, strange and wonderful year for our little Jones family. So strange that I find myself often wondering "what was happening this time last year??" And, in keeping with our stated purpose in the Welcome! post of recounting God's power, plan, and love in our lives, we'll start off with a really fun memory from this time last year!
 
I love the beach. I love living near the beach. It's truly been one of the continuous blessings of living in South Alabama. I mean, we live less than 2 hours away from some of the most beautiful beaches in the world! Hooray Beach!!
 
Often times with beach trips comes the added blessing of time with extended family. Last year Robert's twin brother's beautiful family joined us for a few days. There are five little stinkers between us.
 
It's strange seeing them all a year younger. I could just squeeze those babies through the screen! My mom always said "The beach is a great babysitter!" but my little addendum would have to be "The beach + cousins is the BEST babysitter!" They had lots of fun.
 
They watched a few movies in the big ol' bed.
 
And they walked on the beach with the dads. They had NO idea I was taking pictures...
 
It was a great way to kick off what would become a wild adventure of a summer. Ironically, we just got back from the same beach on the same weekend one year later after celebrating my hero's 60th birthday. My dad is a STUD. But that's for another post...
 
 
Praise God for beaches and family time!
Stay tuned for more action in our "This time last year..." series!

No comments:

Post a Comment