Friday, August 30, 2013

Our new home!

Hello from London!

Kim posted some pictures from our first day, so I thought I'd share about the past few days.

We are settling in our flat in London and loving it! Ok, let me rephrase that. We are very, very slowly, step-by-step (day by day...dont act like you didn't sing that you old TGIF fans) inching our way to getting settled in London and in our flat...and still loving it.

Things aren't easy for sure, but we feel so blessed to be here and take on this new challenge together as a family. It's been stressful, but good.

Here are some pictures of our new flat and neighborhood!

Our bedroom - lovely

View from the Bathroom


Girls room (bunk beds - which Meg gets out of regularly at night time)


Our dining room to the left, our living room to the right!


Enjoying a meal together!


The girls at the park/playground down the street - so close! Weather has been GORGEOUS!


Exploring the neighborhood - very residential, lots of greenery


The main street in Finchley (our part of London) that we'll use with lots of local shops


So those are a few pictures to give you an idea of our life here. Yes, it is a little unsettling being away from friends and family and moving into a new place, but the verse that I have been meditating on since the Airport in Memphis is Psalm 16:8-9 "I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure."

We praise God for His nearness and are thankful to you for your support and prayers!

Love
Robert, Kim, Ellie, and Meg



6 comments:

  1. Love the photos! So wish we could visit! If only we could teleport...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful "visiting" with you in your lovely apartment and surrounding neighborhood. What an amazing adventure you all are on with the Lord!! P. Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the pics and the udpates. We miss you and are planning our first trip to London (albeit sometime next year) I love the "dining room" and the "living room" - very easy to transition from one to the other.
    Love
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. The town looks so quaint. Love it! The girls look great! I hope u do not have Meg in the top bunk (haahah) since she gets up regularly. Thank you for the pictures. Home is close .... God has great things in store for ur lives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how lovely! I agree with Buddy, I think the living/dining room is very economical use of space. Very cozy. I miss you terribly but know you are walking the path God has set for you to blaze. That is my comfort.
    Love,
    Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey guys!! LOOOVE getting to see your new diggs. I'm so out of the loop-didn't realize y'all were already there. Can't wait to read more and to be praying for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete