Monday, November 4, 2013

Conversion Stories

I love hearing conversion stories, and I read/watched two really encouraging ones today.

This one was shared several times on my Facebook newsfeed, so I finally clicked on it. It's the story of Kirsten Powers, news media contributor and commentator.

"I tried to write off the experience as misfiring synapses, but I couldn't shake it. When I returned to New York a few days later, I was lost. I suddenly felt God everywhere and it was terrifying. More important, it was unwelcome. It felt like an invasion. I started to fear I was going crazy."

Kirsten also mentions Eric Mataxes in her story and I remembered that I had started reading that Bonhoeffer book. Hmmm... I need to finish that! I thought. Then I went to the Eric Mataxes website and watched his description of his conversion - it's a must-watch!

"I'm flooded with joy in the dream because I realize that God has used my own symbol system to, sort of, one-up me, to blow my mind."

Both Kristen and Eric have ties to Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York. This also reminded me that I've been meaning to write about reading Keller's book on marriage...

So though my internet time today lengthened my to-do list, it was well worth it! It's a gift every time to hear about the God of the universe revealing Himself, and people coming "into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade." (1 Peter 1:4)

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment