Sunday, October 20, 2013

Driving

After much trepidation and ringing of hands, I DID IT.

I drove our car into central London today.

I took a couple trips to the grocery store this week, just to get a little comfortable.

This is what I look like when I drive:
Total focus. Using every single available brain cell.
We woke up this morning to another Sunday of pouring rain and no Northern Line rail service into the city. It was time for the big test.

This is how I felt before we left:

I felt like singing when we made it. Robert was a road map warrior. He guided us the entire way while I gained confidence with every mile.

Driving past Buckingham Palace Gates

They say soon I'll get used to driving on the other side of the car and the other side of the road... I'd settle for just NOT banging my head into my driver's side window every time I put the car in reverse. My brain is convinced I should be looking the other way!

Our car is one of the many ways God has provided for us through extremely generous friends. We really are so thankful for it and excited for the convenience and opportunities it will bring!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I would probably drive around the block for a MONTH before I would ever get out into real traffic. You guys are amazing! Love, Dad Jones

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO great - I love your blog! It makes me miss you so much, though, but I am so happy to know what is going on with you guys and to get to see your faces! You got this, Kimmy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Kim!!! Now that is impressive! I've been there and done that, and it wasn't fun sitting on the "wrong" side of the car and driving on the "wrong" side of the road! ;-/ Your driving skills are only exceeded by your blogging skills. :+) Thank you for giving us a glimpse of your lives there in London. Blessings in Jesus, Rob

    ReplyDelete