Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Official Members


We finally made it to the local library. We peeked our heads in on the way home from BSF yesterday, and I promised the girls we'd come back today.

They excitedly asked me about it first thing this morning, as the rain drizzled outside our window. One of those moments where you feel like the weather is taunting you... oh, you want to go to the library today, do you?? PROVE IT. And we did. It's not too long of a walk and I don't remember any complaints - except for maybe some cold fingers. I think they loved the adventure, actually.

AND we walked in the door to find about thirty 0 to 3 year olds and their caregivers and their push chairs (strollers) packed into the children's section... Hah!

We still found a couple books to read in a quiet-ish corner, chose a couple books and movies to check-out, and...



got our library cards!

Very exciting indeed. They even both signed their own names.


Precious.

There are moments when I think I would give my every last penny for a babysitter for just a few hours to just sit somewhere quiet. There are, thankfully, more moments when I feel a deep sense of gratitude that I get this time to love and serve them through a library visit.

One of the verses that came out of our BSF study this week has been particularly helpful in finding gratitude:

Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed - not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence - continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose. Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure "children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation." Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life.
Philippians 2:12-16

Robert is hoping to update the blog again soon from his perspective. He's been working really hard keeping up with the readings and languages and writing, etc. It's been a lot to take in, but very exciting also for him (and me!). Though there must be tremendous benefits in completing seminary single, I'm glad I get to walk alongside him in his studies. But he'll tell you more... soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment