Monday, September 9, 2013

Little Slice of Heaven

Have I told you that I have the greatest husband ever? Well, I do.

He encouraged me to spend some time away today. So, sandwiched in between bank appointments, I ventured into the city. Just me and my thoughts and my raincoat. It rained the whole time and it didn't bother me one bit.

With lots of maps and a little luck I found a coffee shop I'd seen online and wanted to try: Kaffeine. I ordered a Cafe Americano (I know, I know! But it's good!) and then asked the cashier what she would recommend in the way of a sandwich. All I heard was "brie" and I was ready to try it. I think the rest of the ingredients were sliced roasted lamb, spinach leaves and some kind of plum dressing... basically a little slice of heaven on Foccacia bread. I'm telling you people, it changed my life: September 9th, 2013, the day I ate some heaven. So I sat and read a paper and enjoyed my lunch:

And while reading the paper I found this interesting comic... I think I gathered that the young man is worried about an escapee and the concerned train attendant then asks the boy where he's going... but then everyone gets all crazy talking about stookies and haivers! Ay yi yi! I think this perfectly encapsulates the many times the past two weeks I've felt like I was from another planet. The English language can be so very diverse...

So after a little food for thought and food for the soul, I strolled down to Oxford Circus. I had a few minutes to look around H&M before it was time to hurry back to the tube.

After dinner Robert headed downstairs for a conference LTS is hosting today and tomorrow on the life of Noah. I took the girls for an after dinner stroll. It wasn't really raining but the girls wanted FULL rain gear, you know, JUST in case:

And of course we had to share rain boots, even-steven and all. And the cute matching raincoats from Nana (can you tell we try to avoid the clothing arguments when possible?!)


We did somehow manage to find a few decent puddles along the way. The last one was a real winner!

Baths and then bedtime... what a day!

1 comment:

  1. Kim,
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for your wonderful posts. You give us such a "feel" for your new life experiences there at LTS and in London. And the pictures add SO much! We are encouraged as we follow you all following the Lord.

    And don't be discouraged at the few comments that you receive. I'm sure that there are a lot of people, family and friends, who are reading your blog.

    By the way, the Love Bugs here in LA, (Lower Alabama for the uninformed =+), are awful this year. Count your blessings!

    P. Rob for the folks here

    ReplyDelete