Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Natural History Museum

We took the bus...


... to the tube... walked through the underground sidewalk...

and emerged from the tunnel to see... THIS!!!
Natural History Museum
I think there were 4 children at the Natural History Museum on Saturday!

We were ALL wide-eyed! Really just in awe of God's creativity and masterful creation. Robert decided it was the right time to figure out that panoramic feature thingy on his iPhone:

The girls have been wanting to match clothes these days. They picked out these cute shirts that Gramilu made for them before we left Dothan:

Everything was just... BIG! I mainly wanted to show the height of this prehistoric bird compared to Robert, but I didn't even get the poor thing's head in the picture.

I think we should refer to this bird as "Michael" after that really good looking family member that makes everyone else feel a little cheated, vertically speaking...

Look at this squid!!! And look at the cute little shrimps at the bottom of the photo!

Then we made it over to the blue whale exhibit.

This was a two story huge room with the largest land and ocean animals. We had to take it in from both floors.

They also had fantastic bird exhibits:

Robert found a familiar face from his time at Auburn. I mean... it WAS Saturday!

And we had to say hello to the King:

You could even take an elevator ride through the middle of Earth!

When we arrived we saw notices that the main attraction - the Dinosaur Exhibit - was closed. We were pretty disappointed... for about 30 seconds until we walked inside and realized how much there was to see! I really can't wait to go back (maybe with grandparents?!?!)

To top off an already great day we got to eat lunch with a great friend from Dothan, McDavid! He's a student we met when he was in 8th grade who is now studying in London for the semester. We were so excited to hear how well he's doing!

Then came the inevitable journey home. Dad was all of our heroes by carrying Ellie AND Meg the last bit of the way home so I wouldn't have to carry either. He really loves ALL his girls!

I repaid him later with THIS when we had Memphis friends over for dinner:

I couldn't find my Aunt Jamie's recipe that I normally use, so I used a similar Pioneer Woman's recipe. I also used Cadbury Cocoa. WOW! We begrudgingly gave the girls the last 2 bites today and I'm having major withdrawals!

We had lots of fun meeting those "Memphis" friends - Lisa and Chris. It is so encouraging seeing someone who's made it through a year in this bustling city!

Praise God for fun at the museum and fun friends new and old!

4 comments:

  1. Now I am dying to go visit that museum!! So cool. The girls look great in their shirts :)

    Sarah Tolleson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you know my secret - I'm luring you over with all the fun things you can do when you COME! :)

      Delete
  2. There are so many photos I want to "like" in this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one day I'm going to put up some old ones of Keeem and Reee-ah!

      Delete