Friday, September 27, 2013

Birthday Girl

We finally celebrated Meg's #3 birthday today - the real deal this time. We've had this sweet spunky little thing in our lives for three whole years!

She woke up and picked out her clothes for the day (thank heavens Gramilu built that shirt Ford tough!!) and sat down for the breakfast of her choosing: cereal. I offered an omelette, fruit with yogurt, bacon, scrambled eggs and grits... there's just no competing with that sweet stuff out of the box!


Then she played with her big sister who was obliging even to the point of letting Meg read her stories. I'm still collecting little pieces of my heart off of their floor.

Then we got to celebrate over at Paulo and Paula's house. They'd invited us over for dinner and it was muy delicioso! I pigged out on spaghetti and then realized it was just the first course... lesson learned the tasty way :)

A neighbor brought us a big bag of baking apples so I used a friend's recipe for apple cake for dessert - really good:

We then sang to Meg and she blew out her tea light candles. It's been a long and windy road, but I'm glad to know we're unofficially the parents of the cutest 3 year old on planet earth. I wish I could show you the video to prove it, but I can't get it to upload so you'll just have to trust me :)

Happy Birthday, Meg! You are a true gift to us in countless ways. We love you!


PS - Robert just posted 71 sweet pics of our birthday girl on Facebook for you grandparents!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Meg!!!! Ms. Dianne loves &
    misses y'all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A belated Happy Birthday to precious Meg! I miss having Ellie and Meg come by for some tic tacs! :-( Rob

    ReplyDelete